Thursday, July 24, 2014

Wedding Cookies

Last Saturday, one of my best friends, Kayla, tied the knot! The ceremony and reception were held in her backyard at her new home. It was a very sweet and special day! I was happy to contribute to the dessert table and make Kayla's favorite, French Macarons (raspberry and almond). I'm all for making things personable and unique, so I also made monogrammed  and painted sugar cookies. Guests seemed to love the cookies as they disappeared within minutes. I should have made more! I think anything monogrammed at a wedding is just the perfect little touch. And the luster dust I used to paint designs added an unexpected pop of color.

Painted Cookies that sparkle!





To paint the cookies, add luster dust to a small bowl and add a few drops of either lemon or almond extract to get the right consistency. Using a clean small paintbrush, (found some at Michaels that are appropriate for pastry use) paint stripes or other designs across icing. Make sure your royal icing has set for at least 2 hours or more before painting on it.

Note: I used gold luster dust which can be found at NY Cake. I just added a few drops of pink coloring until I found the right color.

No comments:

Post a Comment