Thursday, July 24, 2014

Orange Mascarpone Layer Cake

Having a friend over for dinner on a recent rainy evening gave me the perfect excuse to make a cake. Seriously though, I find any reason to bake a cake! Cake reminds people of celebrating a special occasion, so having cake "just because" makes any day extra sparkly.
 
 
 
 Simply make your favorite cake recipe and cut into 3 layers when completely cooled. I made a chiffon cake because I wanted something airy yet still rich in taste. I followed a recipe from one of my favorites, The Cook's Illustrated Baking Book.  You can also find it here

After cutting my cake into 3 layers, I arranged berries in even circles and alternated with the mascarpone filling.  I whipped heavy cream and just covered the cake in a thin layer with an offset spatula.

Mascarpone Filling:
 2 Ibs. Mascarpone
Zest of 2 oranges
10x sugar (to taste)







No comments:

Post a Comment