Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's been 3 years since I started working in the food industry-so crazy to think about! My passion for food, baking, and anything related to dark chocolate and caramel is what led me to study the pastry arts and follow my dream of working in professional kitchens. Ironically, I never really go out to eat anymore! I've had a growing list of restaurants to visit in Boston-and beyond! I was lucky enough to get a few days off a few months back to spend some time in New York and make it a point to eat at my favorite places, as well as try some new ones I've been drooling over from foodie Instagram photos. It was a food-centered trip, and for that I was beyond grateful.

I visited my old neighborhood in Brooklyn Heights. I fell in LOVE with Brooklyn Heights when I first moved there to attend pastry school. I can honestly say it is one of the most charming places I've ever been to-it is a quiet neighborhood with tree-lined streets, beautiful historic brownstones, and cute coffee shops.


 
 
 
 
The Brooklyn Promenade xoxo

Williamsburg for lunch at ROBERTAS....
 

 
 

Possibly the best wood-oven pizza we've ever had...the chewy crust, that charred flavor, those FRESH toppings...ohmygod.

Dinner with friends at MOMOFUKU




 

Afternoon break at CAFE SABARSKY for some old-world charm and Viennese Pastries




Decadent night out at DEL POSTO (photos didn't turn out that great but the experience here is unforgettable)








No comments:

Post a Comment