Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chocolate Heaven

When I turned 10, my mom and grandmother took me and a friend to a...wait for it....chocolate dessert buffet. I still remember to this day helping myself to more than several cups of chocolate mousse, among other treats. Pastry chef already in the making! As if I'm not around desserts enough, I joined a friend on a recent Saturday afternoon at the Langham Hotel in Boston to basically re-live my 10th birthday. Cafe Fleuri features an exclusive dessert bar that has everything from chocolate treats, cotton candy, a chocolate fondue bar, and crepes made to order. The room was a disappointment (we felt like we were sitting down to a continental breakfast at a courtyard Marriot). But for all-you can-eat desserts, you can't complain. The marjolaine was especially impressive, as I  fully appreciate how time-consuming it is to make. And the orange pot de cremes were so decadent! It's not too late to try the desserts-the chocolate bar is open from September to June every Saturday. It's really the perfect way to spend a day with girlfriends.







Go: Cafe Fleuri, Langham Hotel, Boston, MA

When: Saturdays, From September to June,  11-3 pm

Perfect for: Girlfriend outings, birthday parties, bridal parties

No comments:

Post a Comment