Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekend in Connecticut

Working in the city is something I've always been fond of. I love the energy of the city and walking every morning by my favorite shops and sights. I'm a city girl and always will be. But- a weekend in the country is greatly needed every so often. It recharges me and helps remind me that it's OK to slow down! My very dear grandmother lives in Connecticut so I'm lucky I can visit whenever. But if you ever have a weekend or even time for a day trip, Litchfield, CT, is lovely to visit. It's a picturesque New England town surronded by rolling hills and farms. I stopped by my favorite boutiques, flower shop, and even had time to pay a special visit to a dairy farm for some ice cream!


Flowers outside the flower shop. Inside you can find other plants and even unique terrariums.

Remembering to stop and smell the flowers. Something I seldom do in my busy work week.

 Inside the Arethusa Farm Dairy store in nearby Bantam, CT. Clean and simple display. The all-white interior makes the perfect statement for a dairy shop that sells the freshest, simplest products!

Simple menus are always the best menus.


Fresh Cheese and Ice Cream to take home! I'm loving the pink cartons!

 
 
 My favorite boutique in CT. Oliphant is a great place to find colorful jewelery, unique gifts, textiles, and furniture.


 
 I love this modern living look! A little quirky, yet still sophisticated.



 Those antlers, from Africa, are on my wish-list for home decor. They lay perfect on a table, but I'm thinking of getting some to hang on a large empty wall.

 
 
 
 
GO: Litchfield, CT
 
             
             Lawrence Jeffret Estate Jewelers
             
             Oliphant
 
EAT:    At The Corner for lunch
             
             Arethusa Farm Dairy for homemade ice cream. I suggest the coconut with dark chocolate chunks!
               
 
 
 
 











 




No comments:

Post a Comment